Marylebone buzzes with a wonderful Christmas atmosphere at this time of year – yet its unique village character means that there are also plenty of places to go to find peace and quiet.
Miisa Mink from Nordic Bakery shares her favourite places to shop and where she goes to find tranquillity in Marylebone.
Where I go for a quiet moment:
- Nordic Bakery, Dorset Street – for coffee and a smoked salmon sandwich on dark rye
- Atlas Gallery – to be inspired
- Regents Park – to breathe deeply and appreciate nature
- Daunt Books – to find solace and read
- Texture restaurant – to relax and enjoy a Scandinavian meal with friends
Where I like to shop:
- Jane Packer – it’s right next door to Nordic Bakery’s New Cavendish coffee shop and I go there for the beautiful flowers
- Mouki Mou – for beautiful Scandinavian brass bowls from Skultana
- Skandium – for Klaus Haapniemi’s ‘Tanssi’ runner and Christmas decorations
- La Fromagerie – for the wonder selection of cheeses
- Marylebone Farmer’s Market (on Sunday) or the Cabbages and Frocks Market (on Saturday) for seasonal food and handmade gifts