Here’s a list of twelve things that may just make your festive preparations a little easier this year, and 2014 your most memorable Christmas yet.
1. Lovely Branches will be at the Sunday Marylebone Farmers’ Market on Cranmer Street at the start of December with (and taking orders for) their fabulous Christmas trees. Chris and his team will deliver direct to your door and collect in January – it couldn’t be easier!
2. For a fine selection of table and tree decorations this Christmas visit Brissi, or the Conran Shop for an array of festive accessories. For a more vintage affair, Judy’s Affordable Vintage Fair has fabulous decorations and textiles to embrace the vintage style. Whilst The Button Queen is a must visit if you’re looking to update the Christmas stockings.
3. If you’re considering a full service home decorating experience, By Appointment Only Design on Chiltern Street supplies beautiful table centres, floral arrangements and sparkling baubles, leaving you time to concentrate on being the perfect Host for the season.
4. Crackers from The Conran Shop never disappoint, or be creative and make your own, filling them with goodies for all the family of deluxe Ortigia soap; smart handkerchiefs from Oliver Sweeney; and sweet delights from Mrs Kibble’s Olde Sweet Shoppe.
5. If you’re planning to create your own Christmas wreath, support our local market and head to Cabbages & Frocks held in the cobbled yard of St Marylebone Parish Church every Saturday and Friday 12th & 19th December.
6. The enthusiasts at Le Vieux Comptoir can match your (French) wine to cheese and Nicolas has an extensive selection of fine wines, champagne and spirits.
7. The Ginger Pig on Moxon Street is a must for sourcing this years turkey, however orders to be placed by 17th December.
8. Sundays at Marylebone Farmers’ Market on Cranmer Street is a foodie delight with 30-40 stalls selling a vast array of locally sourced produce from fruit and veg, fish and meat, cheese, jams, cakes, herbs, pies and fresh meals.
9. Head to La Patisserie Des Reves for inspiring desserts to complete your seasonal indulgence.
10. London’s leading cake designer, Mich Turner and her team at Little Venice Cake Company design create the most marvellous cakes, but be quick to place your order.
11. If you have dairy lovers in your family, don’t forget to pop by La Fromagerie’s walk-in cheese rooms to create the ultimate cheeseboard.
12. When your festive celebrations come to a close, send your family and friends home with delicious cinnamon buns and ginger biscuits from the Nordic Bakery or indulgent chocolate and nougat hampers from Rococo Chocolates.
Article written by Designated PA
Designated PA was created by Jane Braithwaite to take the stress away from busy individuals and business owners. Jane has brought together a team of experienced Executive PA’s who can provide support on a flexible, cost effective basis. The teams’ expertise includes handling general administration including email and diary management through to book keeping and travel arrangements. The team also has experts in events, conferences and of course everything to do with Christmas. Our clients breathe a sigh of relief when they hand their “To-do” list over to us!